Friday, August 15, 2008

My parents always had this rule about getting tattoos while living under their roof. If you get one your out on your own. I respected their wishes and never got a tattoo. Since I just turned 30 and I plan on buying the house I figured its time to get one.

This is the picture of my first tattoo that I have yet to get. I made a deal with myself though before I can get it. I have to get in shape first. On Monday starts my 12 week transformation. I know of course it will go beyond that because being healthy is a lifestyle not a short 12 week diet. I have done many attempts at losing weight and getting the physique that I want, only to gain it all back later. I am ashamed the way I let myself get...I can't even take my shirt off in public. I hate that feeling of not feeling comfortable.

I started to think about how comfortable we are in our lifestyles and how God can teach us when we are out of comfort zone. So on this 12 week journey to becoming physically healthy I also want to move toward becoming more healthy spiritually. I am not sure what that might entail. I just know I have a plan for losing weight and becoming fit so why not have a plan for becoming spiritually fit. I will be thinking about that the next few days and what that means for me.

1 comments:

Reverb said...

I'm doing the same thing right now. I'm down about 6lbs so far.

Let me know if you need a work out buddy...we could go walking or hit up the YMCA or something.

Post a Comment